Greetings

thing thing at groundplan.com
Sat Apr 5 15:49:51 EDT 2008

Hello,

I just thought I would introduce myself having recently signed up to
this mailing list!
It has been a few years since I have done any Quake modding (mainly maps
and models) but something has revitalized my interest of late, a part of
which was discoving the ioquake project.
There are a few members of our team still around, and at this time we
are working towards the idea of making a stand alone game based upon our
last mod and ioquake.
Sadly our main coder has been lost to Warcraft so it falls to me, for
the time being, to get my fingers dirty with the code. I must confess
that my coding skills are a little rusty (not that they were ever more
than competent) having been away from it for so long. So I will try not
to ask too many dumb questions :)

I do have one possibly dumb question though ...

When I compile ioquake I get the following (memory?) error when I exit
the mod:

VM_Free(ui) on running vm

This does not happen when exiting from vanilla Q3 and, strangely, it
does not happen if I type /quit at the console. Only when I exit from
the menus. The previous build of ioquake I compiled did not do this
(sorry I can't remember the exact version that I checked out, was over a
week ago), also the ioquake precompiled binary available for download
does not flag this error.

Any ideas?

Tim

p.s Thanks for all your hard work on this project!