[quake3] sv_fps confusion...

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sat Apr 5 14:06:38 EDT 2008

On Samstag, 5. April 2008, Dirk wrote:
> ...people keep telling me to set sv_fps to 20, 25, 30, 40 or even 125
> for Defrag...
>
> ...and I'm confused.

sv_fps says how many gameworld updates are performed per second. Each
gameworld update includes computing player positions and then generates a
snapshot that is sent to the clients. It is very possible that modifying this
value has influence on the movement.
The pmove code is very complex, and I have never tried to fully understand it,
so this is an answer I can give you on behalf of the whole development team:

We do not know how, and if changing sv_fps will affect player movement.

--
Thilo Schulz