IPv6 support

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Fri Apr 4 21:38:09 EDT 2008

Hello,

Over the last few days I have finally added ipv6 support to ioquake3.
As of now, ioquake3 has full capability to create, as well as join ipv6
servers. However - the ipv6 capabilities are still basic. Meaning, connecting
works, but stuff like server scanning on local subnet, master server queries
and banning of course do not work yet. I will tackle these issues one by one
in the next days.

In the meantime, the basic work has been committed to SVN.
It is not really documented yet, I will write that up and add details to the
README when the main part is done.

I have tested the code under Linux and Windows and it should work for both.
Nevertheless, you are more than welcome to give the code a shot yourselves.
I'd also like to have some MacOSX users try to compile the stuff and tell me
whether everything works. Just drop me a line here about problems you
encounter and I will try to fix them.

If you need a host for testing, a test server is running at
ipv6.tjps.eu:27960
It has no v4 address, so you really need ipv6 access if you want to connect.

You can use
/connect -6 <servername>
to have it explicitly use ipv6, though in the case where there is only an ipv6
address it will use that one anyways.

--
Thilo Schulz