[quake3] Re: Videos not found :[

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Mon Sep 17 10:52:34 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 07:15:03AM -0700, Jorge Peña wrote:
>    > I'm pretty sure %APPDATA% is intended for applications to store data
>    > that this *not* intended to be touch or used by the end user. This would
>    > be part of the reason behind the %APPDATA% folder being marked hidden.
>
>    I agree, that seems logical.

The fact that %APPDATA% is marked as hidden doesn't really matter.  ioq3
installers can set up .lnk's to the path "%APPDATA%\Quake3" in both the
install directory and in the Start Menu Programs directory.

If "My Documents\My Games" is really becoming the normal place for games
to store things, then I wouldn't be opposed to having the installer
put a .lnk in there too.  It would make more sense too since the
installer is already going to know which language to use.

-Tony