[quake3] Tango Icon

Tei oscar.vives at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:59:05 EDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Josh Weisskopf <jayschwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://tango.freedesktop.org/User:Dobey#Games
>
> I just ran across a Quake 3 icon in the Tango Desktop Project. I personally
> don't think it's as polished as some of the other icons by the same author,
> but perhaps he'd spruce it up if someone got in touch with him. There
> certainly isn't anything wrong with the current ioq3 icon, but I figured I'd
> point this out since it seems like more projects are starting to utilize
> Tango.

The Quake3 one is substandard. How this work? You have to contact the
author and whine? Or you can get the source and tweak it on Inkspace
so it looks better and send the result to the author?  Almost all this
icons have shadow, so maybe this one miss this.
Also is a problem that the details on the Q3 logo are soo vertical,
because pixel aliasing. Maybe the Q3 icons is simply not good for low
res stuff. But only looks Ok with 120+ pixels wide.

If you send me the SVG, I will tweak it and generate good looking
versions on 6 resolutions. I used to do pixel art in my Commodore 64