[quake3] New Web Site Preview

Josh Weisskopf jayschwa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:18:50 EDT 2007

The new site is quite "busy", visually.  I question the utility of some of
the things on the right-hand side. For instance, the tags in the right are
somewhat redundant with the top menu and somewhat misleading. I initially
clicked "cool features" expecting a list of features and got news posts
tagged with features instead. Personally, I think the first page should
mainly be focused on explaining what ioq3 is and attempting to "sell" it to
the viewer. Having everything so news-centric doesn't seem as useful to me,
mainly since news is pretty infrequent and people aren't likely to be
checking the site regularly.

Other specifcs: The "Q"s on the Help page stand out too much IMO. A smaller
heading would be less distracting.  The Get it page could use some headings
or something to easily distinguish between platforms like the old site  (I'm
guessing this is just a place holder since there isn't actually anything
linked here).

As far as aesthetics go, I think a bit of color would be nice. By chance, I
had the Quake 3 CD case sitting on my desk and I happened to notice that the
white/black/grey balance matches pretty well with it. Adding a dash of red
might be nice and would make it resonate with established Quake 3 artwork.
Just a suggestion... not sure how artsy fartsy any of you are, or care to
be.