[quake3] Re: [quake3-commits] r1156 - in branches/unified-sdl: . code/renderer code/sdl code/sys misc misc/setup misc/setup/MacOSX

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Wed Sep 5 10:29:48 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 08:45:08AM +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> > Added: branches/unified-sdl/misc/setup/MacOSX/SLA.r
> > +"This Limited Use Software License Agreement (the \"Agreement\") is a legal"
> > +"agreement between you, the end-user, and Id Software, Inc. (\"ID\").  BY"
> > +"CONTINUING THE INSTALLATION OF THIS GAME DEMO PROGRAM ENTITLED QUAKE III:"
> > +"ARENA (THE \"SOFTWARE\"), BY LOADING OR RUNNING THE SOFTWARE, OR BY PLACING"
> > +"OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE ONTO YOUR COMPUTER HARD DRIVE, COMPUTER RAM OR"
> > +"OTHER STORAGE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS "
> > +"AGREEMENT.\n"
>
> This license file shouldn't be in SVN, it belongs to id's data files.

This file is used for generating the license which is displayed when opening
the ioquake3 .dmg file (the Mac OS X distribution format).  The .dmg file
we distribute on ioquake3.org contains the .pk3 files from the latest id patch
(as do the Win32 and Linux installers).  This .r file had to be specially
formatted for use with the Mac tools.

I suppose it could be replaced with a shell script that formats the Q3A_EULA.txt
file automatically, but until then, I think it should remain in.

-Tony