Unified SDL branch

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Sat Sep 1 22:21:43 EDT 2007

I've recently committed a new branch whose main purpose is to bring all
the platforms together under SDL. I'd like to get this on the trunk as
soon as possible, so some testing would be appreciated, particularly on
Windows where there is the most change. Check the branch out with:

svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/quake3/branches/unified-sdl/ ioq3-sdl/

You'll need an SDL DLL, placed in your Q3 directory:
http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.12-win32.zip

There is no server console yet, so running dedicated servers with the
client is not possible at the moment.

The Linux version won't appear to have changed a great deal, but some
testing there would be good too. The OS X version might not build, as I
don't have a Mac to test, but if it is broken it shouldn't be very hard
to get going again.

Thanks.