[quake3] fs_homepath write protected, Windows 2000

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:37:27 EDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Tony J. White <tjw at webteam.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 02:28:56PM -0400, Henry Garcia wrote:
> >      The whole command line parsing and startup code (com_consoleLines)
> >      is broken in that regard. Additional quotation might work:
> >      ioquake3.x86.exe +set fs_homepath "\"c:\Program Files\Quake III
> Arena\""
> >
> >    that sets fs_homepath to "\"
>

> This is what I have been using for a .lnk testing the dedicated server:
>
> "C:\Documents and
> Settings\tjw\Desktop\ioquake3\build\release-mingw32-x86\ioq3ded.x86.exe"
> +set fs_homepath "\"C:\Documents and
> Settings\tjw\Desktop\ioquake3\build\release-mingw32-x86\""
>
> This has been working fine.

Try making a folder called C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\ and setting the
fs_homepath at that location. Apparently, you have all your installation
files in the same path that you are using to build the program.

I don't see why it wouldn't work to use the path Ludwig suggested, are you
> sure you typed it correctly?

Yeah, just checked it again. You're probably using XP? I've running this on
2000
It's still coming out fs_homepath "\" as entered above:

ioquake3.x86.exe +set fs_homepath "\"C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\"