[quake3] fs_homepath write protected, Windows 2000

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:28:56 EDT 2007

> The whole command line parsing and startup code (com_consoleLines)
> is broken in that regard. Additional quotation might work:
> ioquake3.x86.exe +set fs_homepath "\"c:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\""

that sets fs_homepath to "\"

Appears the function that is called that reads the line from the command
line and the console is the same function: I get the same results either
way.

Maybe I'll write a .NET program launcher and a simple configuration form for
ioquake3.x86.exe for Windows Users that will save the
%APPDATA%\quake3\baseq3\q3config.cfg wherever they want to save it. Then
they could launch their program using their own config file. They could
change their settings in the console and the program launcher when closed
would just copy the q3config.cfg file to the location specified in their
Windows Config form from the %APPDATA% location.

Unless the function is updated to handle spaces and the other characters (
"\") peculiar to the Windows File System.