[quake3] ioQuake3 on Solaris x86

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Nov 30 09:26:56 EST 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

> Does misc/setup/ioquake3.sh also work on Solaris maybe?

Nope, it doesn't and it would require much modifying to make it work on
Solaris. I "decided" to leave it to the Linux people to maintain
misc/setup/ioquake3.sh while I would maintain misc/setup/pkg/* for
Solaris. I'll try to see if this could change but for the time being,
would my patch be acceptable?

>> -EXEC_FLAGS="+set fs_cdpath ${IOQ3_DIR} +set vm_game 1 +set vm_cgame 1 +set vm_ui 1 +set sv_pure 1 +set ttycon 0"
>> +EXEC_FLAGS="+set fs_basepath ${IOQ3_DIR} +set vm_game 1 +set vm_cgame 1 +set vm_ui 1 +set sv_pure 1 +set com_ansiColor 0"
>
> Doesn't ioq3 automatically use vm mode 1?

Just in case something changes, I'm forcing it anyway on Solaris until I
can devote more engineering effort to maybe have native vm routines..
Maybe I'm wrong but at least it works... :)

Thanks for reading, :)

Vincent