ioquake3 on Leopard?

Link Dupont link.dupont at mac.com
Fri Nov 30 04:09:57 EST 2007

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just joined the list.
I'm trying to hack ioquake3 into compiling on Mac OS X 10.5, but I
appear to be getting stuck at q3cpp; it seems to be rejecting every "-
D" option I throw at it.  The command make is dying on is:

$ build/release-darwin-i386/tools/q3cpp -D__STDC__ -D__STRICT_ANSI__ -
D__signed__=signed -DQ3_VM -D__LCC__ -v -nostdinc code/cgame/cg_main.c
cpp: <cmdarg>:1 Illegal -D or -U argument

No matter what I define with -D to q3cpp, it gives me that same error;
I'm beginning to wonder if the cpp code is being compiled wrong.  I
was able to drop in /usr/bin/cpp, and received some warnings from
q3lcc, so it seems like the system cpp processed the files okay(?).

Any pointers in the right direction?

Link Dupont
link.dupont at mac.com
www.linkdupont.com