[quake3] ioQuake3 on Solaris x86

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Nov 30 03:01:47 EST 2007

Hello Darran,

 	Glad to hear the x86 packages work for you. :) I built them on a
Solaris x86 VMWare guest so I am unable to fully test them... :) As for
the full-screen mode, it never really worked AFAIK on Sparc either (It
would usually result in a full back screen with the borderless windows of
ioq3 in the middle, no scaling, etc..). What version of the NVidia drivers
are you using?

 	As Patrick said, it's most likely an SDL porting issue. Where did
your SDL come from? From the companion CD or did you compile it yourself?
I've never seen an SDL app go full screen on Solaris (Sparc) so maybe the
problem could be investigated and code added to libSDL.

I have a couple source examples with Sun DGA but it's difficult to justify
the time writing these routines into libSDL as Sun appears to be moving
away from Xsun to Xorg.

I'll update the packages soon and we'll see if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Vincent

--
Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering. STEP project. _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost