[quake3] ioQuake3 on Solaris x86

Patrick Baggett baggett.patrick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:25:13 EST 2007

IOQuake3 uses SDL for video initialization (see code/sdl/sdl_glimp.c).
Wouldn't this be more of an SDL issue rather than IOQuake3? I personally
haven't spent a whole lot of time exploring IOQuake3's source code, but
there are only two types of systems in the IOQuake3 folder, unix and win32,
so it seems like all of the UNIX-based operating systems share common code.
I've built IOQuake3 on IRIX, and mode changing using SDL doesn't work
exactly, it just makes a smaller subwindow inside of the original window.
This behavior occured in a few other SDL-based games that tried to change
the fullscreen resolution, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing
happened on Solaris -- both are pretty low usage on the home desktop
compared to Win32/OSX.

I'll defer to anyone who can accept or reject this statement, but I would
seriously suggest checking SDL/Solaris to see if that is the case. Well, if
you do programming...