[quake3] Using VC++ 2005: libcurl.lib on misc/msvc

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:51:00 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 5:37 PM, Henry Garcia <defsyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Could give
> >
> > http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32/zlib-1.2.3-bin.zip?modtime=1122324542&big_mirror=1
> > a go?
> >
> Oh my soul. Light the fires and kick the tires.
>
> Microsoft can compile ioquake3 and it works.

Comparisons between MingW and VC++ 2005 Express where ioquake3.x86.exe is
MingW
and ioquake3.exe is VC++ compiled.

compiled  qvm optimized for Pentium4 (-march=pentium4 -mtune=pentium4) and
replaced in Pak0.pk3 file. Using a Gateway Pentium-5 with built in 82845G
video chipset.

Using qvm compiled with MingW : No option to make qvm in VC++.

> ioquake3.exe
> 1st run) 43.0 5.0/23.2/411/8.2
> 2nd run) 43.4 7.0/23/189/8.5
>

> ioquake3.x86.exe
> 1st run) 43.2fps 5.0/23.1/188/8.2
> 2nd run) 43.3fps 6.0/23.1/395.0/9.2
>

> dll (using VC++ dll's)
> ioquake3.exe
> 1st run) 43.8 6.0/22.8/207/19.9
>
> ioquake3.x86.exe (using MingW's dll's)
> 1st run) 43.5 5.0/23.0/185/10.0

Looks to be pretty close. Maybe a hair on the side of Microsoft. But maybe
not.

Thanks, for the help. Haven't tried compiling it on the Retail version.
Can't enable profiling on the Express Version.