[quake3] Using VC++ 2005: libcurl.lib on misc/msvc

Erik K. erik at insectenboek.nl
Wed Nov 21 15:15:55 EST 2007

On 21-11-2007 21:08, Henry Garcia wrote:
>> You want a MSVC devel package from the page I linked above. For
>> example: http://curl.haxx.se/download/libcurl-7.15.5-win32-msvc.zip
>>
>> ---
>>

> ioquake3.exe built with that one. But now there are other problems when
> running the ioquake3.exe file. One I solved: said I had a missing missing
> libcurl.dll.  I placed it in my ioquake3.exe directory.

The way ioUrbanTerror uses it, it does not require a dll, it's just 1
.exe. I dunno if it supports zlib though.

I used http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.17.1.tar.gz and read the
docs/install part about msvc.

First run that .bat described in that text from cmd and then run
something like:
nmake /f Makefile.vc8 cfg=release rtlibcfg=static

that should create the libcurl.lib. If you then copy the settings from
the msvc2003 project file (release), you should be able to create 1 .exe
too.