[quake3] Using VC++ 2005: libcurl.lib on misc/msvc

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:56:48 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 5:03 AM, Julian Priestley <juzley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/11/2007, Henry Garcia <defsyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Been able to get the openal, directx, sdl, in. But haven't been able to
> find
> > out to compile libcurl.lib to use in the msvc solution. Any tips?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Hank
> >

> I'm not really sure what you're trying to compile from, but it's
> probably worth noting that the MSVC project doesn't use the libcurl.a
> or curl headers that are in the ioq3 svn.

Using MSVC 2005 Express

> You should be able to use a precompiled .lib or source distribution
> from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html. Put the .lib and the header
> files somewhere that msvc knows about (or update your paths in
> Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories include and
> lib dirs to point to wherever you've put it), and you should be good
> to go.

These binaries don't include a libcurl.lib. I found one that has a
libcurl_imp.lib
The three dll's build fine: cgamex86.dll , qagamex86.dll , and, uix86.dll.

But ioquake3.exe fails to build as follows:

   Here's the error message from the output of the build process.

> ------ Build started: Project: quake3, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
> Linking...
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'libcurl.lib'
> Build log was saved at
> "file://d:\msys\1.0.1\home\Henry\quake\ioquake3\build\quake3_release\BuildLog.htm"
> quake3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped

I figured out how to include the headers, libraries, etc. But from what I've
read, it's pretty difficult to build a libcurl.lib.