[quake3] ioq3 framebuffer support

gord gordallott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:11:01 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 16:31 -0500, Robert Isaac wrote:
> This is a better implementation of bloom lighting than the version
> that OA uses, I like the rotoscoping, but the framebuffer b0rks the
> display of the initial roq and causes some graphical oddities (some
> brushes/textures not being lit correctly though this might be an
> nVidia bug).  It also kills single player in team arena when used with
> ioq3's missionpack vm.

yes there are some issues to work out, the initial roq is because i
handle STRETCH_PIC strangely (lack of an understanding of the q3 engine
on my behalf there, bring down the console whist its playing and it
should be okay)
the texture bug is because of my stupid forgetting to handle
multi-texturing nicely, i'll have a patch up later tonight to fix that
problem.

at the moment my main concern is that for some reason some brushes seem
to completely disappear (not even writing z values) when viewed
closeup/certain angles. Strangely i can only see this in quake 3, i
don't for example see it anywhere in openarena (unless i have both base
directories active then open arena gets some textures from quake 3 and
the problems arise).
the best example of this i think is in q3dm1 on the second archways
(next to that mouth thing), when you first approach it, it renders fine
but eventually it stops rendering.
does anyone have any idea why it may be doing that? for example if there
is anything 'special' about it? strangely the opposite side of the
archway seems to render fine even though its the same...

--
gord <gordallott at gmail.com>