Questions about ioquake

Chris Bunting expressvps at verizon.net
Sun May 20 05:42:23 EDT 2007

Hello All,

I was originally working with a different version of the Quake 3 engine but
I like the fact that ioquake has a lot of bug fixes and such.

However, I've noticed that the msvc versions have various issues, the source
code still has the original pack checksum checks and is still fairly plain
aside from the fixes. Are there any planned features in the future for this
engine or is it pretty much as is? There is mention on site about adding
rendering enhancements but I don't see anything aside from what has been
posted in tutorials or forums. Is there any new original code in here
anywhere?

Also, I see that curl and other server related features have been
incorporated into the client. Why is this in the client and not incorporated
into a Q3A dedicated server?

Thanks,
Chris