[quake3] Re: non-cheatable game

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu May 17 05:26:21 EDT 2007

> Go ahead and gallop on you, Don Quixotes! Keep on tilting at the
> windmills of on-line multi-player game cheating! Bravo!

This has been interesting, but it's time to take this conversation
off-list, guys.

Please feel free to email each other directly if you want to keep
talking about cheats/hacks, but this mailing list is for ioquake3
development, and not hypothetical engineering scenarios, even if they
happen to be hypothetically about quake 3.

Also, there are volumes of information about the finer points of the GPL
available on the Internet. If you feel someone is in violation of
ioquake3's license, please contact me directly and I will follow up with
the copyright holder, but again, this mailing list is for ioquake3
development, and not hypothetical GPL circumvention techniques, even if
they happen to be hypothetically about quake 3.

Let's let the people doing real development work have their list back now.

Thanks,
--ryan, mailing list mommy.