[quake3] Re: non-cheatable game

Erik Kloppenburg kloppenburg at snt.utwente.nl
Wed May 16 16:55:28 EDT 2007

Urban Terror is a closed source (SDK license) mod for quake3, it does
not have anti-cheat in it.

ioUrbanTerror is a opensource client (source is available as mentioned
in the ioUrbanTerror readme and installer), based on ioq3. It can use
BattlEye anti-cheat, which is closed sourced. BE does not pretend to be
100% effective. The maker knows it can never be 100% safe. It's just to
stop most noobs from easily cheating.