[quake3] Re: non-cheatable game

Chris Bunting expressvps at verizon.net
Wed May 16 16:12:59 EDT 2007

Hello,

There are 2 Quake 3 related games that I know about that are based on ioquake3.

http://www.urbanterror.net/news.php Urban Terror has anti-cheating (BattleEye) incorporated into it and it's based on ioquake3..

How exactly is this not doable?

Games like Urban Terror from what I understand, must release the source code as per the GPL from ID Software but there is no source available on their site so I'm guessing UT paid the $10,000 for the private license to offer this free game?

Chris