non-cheatable game

Mariano Ceccato ceccato at itc.it
Fri May 11 10:16:28 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I'm an Italian researcher working in the field of software analysis and
evolution.

The topic my group is currently working on is a related to software
security on network applications. Out goal is to identify which parts of
an existing software system can be tampered with by a malicious user. We
are also investigating a solution based on source-code automatic
transformation to change all the not-safe parts into tamper-proof code.

In case of a network game, such as Quake, we would like to modify the
game code in such a way that it is not longer possible by a malicious
player to install cheat-patch on the system in order to gain an
advantage over the other players.

Of course my purpose is to write good research publications but, I
think, I can also contribute a lot to this project in case I will be
able to provide you non-cheatable game source code.

To do that, I would need to know
1) the known cheat-patches that unfair players use,
2) kind of game design (if any)
3) game (and game-server) code
Could someone help me in find out any of those things?

Regards,

--
Mariano Ceccato
ITC-Irst