[quake3] feature: advanced demo navigation

uwe koch spirolat at gmx.net
Wed Mar 7 15:14:01 EST 2007

monk at rq3.com schrieb:
> ... when I think about it again, it would be
> nice to have a dedicated demo playback set of controls.  Fast forward,
> reverse, pause, step by (server?) frame, etc.  But I think that'd be good
> just for viewing and reviewing demos.  Good for reviewing demos for league
> games looking for cheating (I used to administer a Q2 league/ladder for
> http://www.worldogl.com/), actually.  And it's always nice to be able to
> pop around in demos in other games, too.  Like a DVD player control
> overlay or something.

thats what i meant. i just used movie makers as example because they
spend a lot of time reviewing demos to find scenes worth capturing.
whenever they are not sure about a scene and want to see it again, they
have to reload the demo and use fast forward. not a big deal unless you
want to dig through some 100 scenes... btw: dump to avi is not an
option, since it costs to much time and HDD space to dump complete demos
(or demo collections).
of course anybody else who reviews a lot of demos (like league admins)
would benefit as well.
cyrri