[quake3] feature: advanced demo navigation

monk at rq3.com monk at rq3.com
Wed Mar 7 14:04:24 EST 2007

Sorry for the extra spam, but when I think about it again, it would be
nice to have a dedicated demo playback set of controls.  Fast forward,
reverse, pause, step by (server?) frame, etc.  But I think that'd be good
just for viewing and reviewing demos.  Good for reviewing demos for league
games looking for cheating (I used to administer a Q2 league/ladder for
http://www.worldogl.com/), actually.  And it's always nice to be able to
pop around in demos in other games, too.  Like a DVD player control
overlay or something.

But this is totally separate from machinima considerations.  For
machinima, I think there's a different set of requirements and I think the
dump to AVI solution already in place makes the most sense outside of a
dedicated demo editing suite ala KeyGrip.

Just my thoughts.

Monk.