[quake3] Pak Question

Dirk noisyb at gmx.net
Sat Jun 16 11:41:56 EDT 2007

Christopher Bunting wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know about OpenArena and such but I was curious if anyone knows of a
> stripped down pak file which includes only the needed files to load the
> game, menus and such. Something that doesn't include maps, models or
> anything related to actual game play.
>
> I had this thought recently since having a pak with the bare minimum of
> files would make it easier to find what we need to change that base engine
> textures, menus, hud and so on. Something like an io-engine.pk3 which would
> load ioquake3, the menus and needed textures.
>
> Is there anything simular to this anywhere?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Dunno... but If you use linux you could browse the pak (zip) file with
midnight commander (mc) and delete everything that doesn't seem to be
game or menu related and test... and so on... using mc would safe you
the re-zip effort since it works on the zip.

The models of the players are used also in the setup menu where you
choose the model of the player.

Dirk