[quake3] About adding (VoIP) voice chat support

Zachary Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Sun Jun 10 03:41:08 EDT 2007

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> Is there a way to send out-of-band data in Quake3? Perhaps we could put
> it on that, and existing quake3 clients can drop it as bogus data if
> they don't support VoIP...? I don't know the details here.

I assume you could just present a different client variable to the
server, then the server would just exclude clients that didn't have that
variable. This takes care of the UrT problem (closed game code, not all
players use iourt.) Even if it just worked for mods that would be OK by me.
--
- Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org
zacharyslater at gmail.com