[quake3] About adding (VoIP) voice chat support

Dirk noisyb at gmx.net
Sat Jun 9 18:30:45 EDT 2007

Ahmed MANSOUR wrote:
> Hi guys,
> For quite some time i have been wondering if it is possible (and useful) to
> add voice chat support to the engine.
> I think it would be a great enhancement to the game to add VoIP to the
> client and server code, because I think it is more pratical to
> to speak than to chat using keyboard while playing. And it won't break the
> backward compatibility, and we can use some GPL'd VoIP soft code like
> OpenWengo in the game to do that.
> What do you think?

But then only people using ioquake3 would have VOIP... that makes it
much less important when you think about it.

BUT a massively extended setup menu that covers _ALL_ variables from
q3config.cfg with small tooltips and hints would be absolutely great.

It could be made optional and disabled by default to not scare away noobs.

Dirk