[quake3] Problem with invoking Q3

S h i v shivakumar.gn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:29:42 EDT 2007

Hi Dirk,Ludwig,

Thanks for your inputs.

I managed to build openarena. The openarena source download had a sub-dir
missing that I picked from ioquake3 based on the diff provided and the build
work.

Now there is problem with OpenGL when I try running it(with ioquake3 as
well).
It seems that hardware acceleration for the graphics is required for Q3.
I am using Solaris Express on VMware and the virtualization environments
(VMware,Xen,etc) currently do not support hardware acceleration.
Currently I am running Solaris Express on VMware. Will verify it on another
box where it is natively installed.

thanks & best regards
Shiv