Auto Downloads

rlaurie at binarycult.com rlaurie at binarycult.com
Mon Jul 23 15:12:25 EDT 2007

Well, I understand Dirk's point from a mod developer's point of view.
It's a hassle to propagate even small paks. Many users are ignorant
and many don't know how to turn on auto-downloading or even know what
it means to so. Furthermore, some Q3A-literate users still may wish to
keep autodl off for other reasons.

What if there was functionality that prompted the user if he wanted to
enable one-time downloading from a server connect, if his autodl is
disabled? I don't think this would stray from the original concept.
Just further facilitate user-friendliness with downloads. It would
curb illiterate user frustration and help literate and cautious users
to be more selective with what is downloaded.