[quake3] Re: more-Q3-players-fix

Tei oscar.vives at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:27:53 EDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Dirk <noisyb at gmx.net> wrote:

> Ben Noordhuis wrote:
> > On 8/8/07, Dirk <noisyb at gmx.net> wrote:
> >> Sending a patch that does what I want doesn't work either.
> >
> > What does this tell you?
> >

> That 7 years of custom maps and mods are ignored because the developers
> rather write how to enable automatic downloads in their docs instead of
> writing how disable it and making it the default in the client.

Hello.

My main engine is Telejano. But I have a few experimenta branchs.
 SinglePlayer.. with broken multiplayer support, but better singleplayer
perfomance.
 Altollano, with a new netcode, that replace all binary by text. A text only
netcode protocol (not XML, but asciiz strings).
 MiniRun,...  a branch that is self-supported and included a few key
resouces builin/hardcoded, so no external files are needed. (now is the main
branch).
And I am a single dev, in a single proyect.

What this show is that If you dont like the design decisions that define a
proyect. You can create a branch.  On the new branch, chose a different
design decisions. And mantain that branch.
Often a branch is not enough interesting, and die. But you will learn from
the attemp.