[quake3] ioq3 is going nowhere

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri Aug 10 08:48:00 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 05:03:47PM -0600, monk at rq3.com wrote:

> And I will claim ignorance on this one, but custom resolutions.  Right now
> it's in the console, r_mode -1, customheight, etc.  Why not put a new
> selection in the graphics options to allow an arbitrarily-specified custom
> resolution?

There's a patch for this, maybe in the Bugzilla (I don't remember if I
put it there), and at:
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~auerswal/quake3/quake3-custom_vidMode_2ndtry.patch

> And, again I don't know if this has already been done, but
> why not add a whole mess of resolution options?  Ramp that stuff up to
> 2500x1600.  There's some de facto resolutions defined out there that you
> could throw in and boom, it's a visible, handy change.

There has been some discussion about this on the mailing list with the
conclusion that there is no list of "standard" resolutions. Back then
the idea was to query the available resolutions and use those (like
the unreal tournament series does).

If you just want to add the resolution of your TFT to the list take a
look at this patch:
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~auerswal/quake3/quake3-additional_vidModes.patch

Erik