[quake3] Freeze! & Installers

Harsha Sri Narayana harshavsn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 08:32:40 EDT 2006

On 07/09/06, Tony J. White <tjw at webteam.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:27:44PM +0100, Harsha Sri Narayana wrote:
> >    I'm having problems with 1.32rc1 (for mac).  When I connect to some
> >    servers it exits and produces an error report.  If I'm not providing
> the
> >    right information, or if this is in the wrong place (ie should be
> posted
> >    to the forum) then tell me.
> >
> >    The report is attached to this email.
> >    ps. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in.
>

> The crash report says: "Version: 1.34-rc1 (1.34-rc1)"
>
> Have you tried the latest one (rc2)?
>
> http://icculus.org/quake3/files/ioquake3-1.34-rc2.dmg
>
> Also are you trying to use a mod and/or non-standard .pk3 files?
>
> It would be helpful to see the console log as well.  You can get this
> by running ioquake3 in a terminal like this:
>
> cd /Applications/Quake3/ioquake3/
> ./ioquake3-1.34-rc2.app/Contents/MacOS/ioquake3.ub
>
> -Tony

Got it working

I ran that ioquake3.ub on rc1 and it complained that I didn't have
/Users/SophieKhara/Library/Application Support/Quake3/baseq3/pak0.pk3
although I did have all the pak files in
/Applications/Quake3/ioquake3/baseq3.  So I copied all the pak files over.

Then I downloaded rc2 as instructed.  (In my original email I said .32rc1
when I meant .34rc1, that was just habit .. years of typing . 3 2).

I can't reproduce that crash anymore.  Thanks for the help.
-Harsha