[quake3] Freeze! & Installers

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Thu Sep 7 14:41:26 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:27:44PM +0100, Harsha Sri Narayana wrote:
>    I'm having problems with 1.32rc1 (for mac).  When I connect to some
>    servers it exits and produces an error report.  If I'm not providing the
>    right information, or if this is in the wrong place (ie should be posted
>    to the forum) then tell me.
>
>    The report is attached to this email.
>    ps. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in.

The crash report says: "Version: 1.34-rc1 (1.34-rc1)"

Have you tried the latest one (rc2)?

http://icculus.org/quake3/files/ioquake3-1.34-rc2.dmg

Also are you trying to use a mod and/or non-standard .pk3 files?

It would be helpful to see the console log as well.  You can get this
by running ioquake3 in a terminal like this:

cd /Applications/Quake3/ioquake3/
./ioquake3-1.34-rc2.app/Contents/MacOS/ioquake3.ub

-Tony