[quake3] No 'console'

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 21 22:10:44 EDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:49:16 -0500
Joshua Hoppes got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> You won't see a prompt, but it is there. After it scrolls by with all the
> server start up feedback, you should be sitting there with just a cursor.
> Type something in and hit enter (like say hello) and in game it will be
> something along the lines of "server: hello".
>
> One suggestion I can make is instead of backgrounding the server, you can
> start it in a screen session.

Been meaning to ask about this for awhile. I'm running my dedicated server from
within screen, as you guys suggested. Rocks.

One thing though, I cannot seem to enter any commands. Everything is simply
printed as a broadcast. For example:

/status
broadcast: print "server: /status"

Can I only do this through rcon, ie. ingame?

I know there is probably something obvious I'm missing so feel free to wallop
me ;)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046