[ioquake] SMP build on OS X?

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Tue Nov 28 15:38:43 EST 2006

Compile succeeded for the universal binary on my Mac Book Pro (Intel)
and seems to run fine.

However, I noticed an SMP build directory which didn't seem to be
utilized (perhaps I am wrong) and, since the Macbook Pro uses a dual
core (i.e. SMP), I'd like to build for it.
The OS X build instructions don't set   BUILD_CLIENT_SMP  so I am
assuming the build is not SMP capable.
If I set   BUILD_CLIENT_SMP = 1 i in the Makefile will that suffice?

I know in the past, one only needed to change a cvar to enable SMP
support.
Is that the case here or do I need to modify the build shell script
and make file?

Daniel Lord
---
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat