[quake3] Re: Long uptime bug and other suggestions

DD 0000spam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:32:29 EST 2006

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am compiling my own now and server is running SVN973 (ioQ3 1.33
linux-i386 Nov 19 2006) and all works perfectly. Long uptime 'choppy'
bug is present only if i leave one map running without a restart for
10 or more hours. Well, i guess at that time you start to notice it.
If maps rotate by timelimit or fraglimit it's all smooth even after a
week of uptime (tested from 18 to 25 nov 2006).

Players are reporting better responsiveness and more precision which
is very important when playing with our extreme game mode.

HTTP download is not for regular clients so i decided to change the
text about no maps present and to disable server downloading. This is
mainly because we don't have time to send a player some map, server
rotates to next one sooner.

Would be nice to have some server variable for custom 'maps not
present' message, so client can go to the web site and download. But i
can recompile with new message, so it's not a problem.

At same time i would like to thank you all who are working on
ioquake3. Much appreciated! =)

DD