Broken GLX?

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 27 10:43:21 EST 2006

Last night I was futzing around, actually trying to build
'Blackshades' (another of Zakk's projects?), looked kinda funky.

Anyhow, to build it I thought it was asking for the mesa devel libs, which I
installed, but that pulled down libmesa, and all of a sudden ioq3 wouldn't run.

Oh F@#$, I thought, but I uninstalled all the mesa stuff, and ioq3 ran again,
but it seemed to take a coupla seconds longer.

Saw this in the term output, not sure if I saw this before:

Calling SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO)...
SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) passed.
Initializing OpenGL display
...setting mode 6: 1024 768
SDL_SetVideoMode failed: Couldn't find matching GLX visual
Using 4/4/4 Color bits, 24 depth, 8 stencil display.
GL_RENDERER: GeForce4 Ti 4200/AGP/SSE2/forceSW
Initializing OpenGL extensions
...ignoring GL_S3_s3tc
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_env_add
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

I could be just imagining it or my eyes are whacked from lack of sleep, but I
swear it doesn't look quite as sharp as before, even though the system
settings in-game are all what they should be, AFAICT.

Should I be concerned about this error, and if so, any way to get rid of the
problem I caused (assuming it's related to my aborted mesa install)?

Thanks guys!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046