Text Mode Svr Mon

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 21 21:28:28 EST 2006

Hi y'all,

Kinda...ok, way OT, but...

Currently hacking away at getting some sort of working server monitor going in
text mode (now that Zack has me hooked on ssh and screen...). Trying to stay
away from any fancy-schmancy web or XQF frontends ;)

At the moment, I have cron running qstat which outputs to file.

One problem:

qstat will sort players by teams, but does not show the teams or colours.

Question is, before I continue banging my head against a dead horse, is anyone
aware of a CLI script which could automate this, or in possession of a clue
which apparently I am lacking? Something like qstat but that would run like a
daemon perhaps?

I did some Googling and found this snippet:

while true; do clear; ls -l /path/to/the/file; sleep 1; done

...which, modified to use 'more' gave me *almost* what I wanted, ie. 'realtime'
output (not quite, I don't want cron running every 30 seconds...), however I'm
still lacking the indication of team, either by colour or name.

Otherwise, everything's great, this server's never once crapped out on me. Fun
times for all...er, well me :-)

Thanks!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046