[quake3] Weird mouse problem on Edgy

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sat Nov 18 09:04:56 EST 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 09:48, Neil Toronto wrote:
> The mouse seems to be limited to the window boundaries even when it's
> grabbed. That is, I turn to the left, and it stops. When I bring the
> console down, the mouse pointer is at the leftmost edge of the screen. I
> turn to the right, and it stops. When I bring the console down, the
> mouse pointer is at the rightmost edge of the screen.

Yes I have had this problem too, though it seemed to appear after an update of
my x libraries. So probably this is not ioquake3 related. I will need to
check with earlier revisions, though.
A temporary workaround is to - when you change windows to another program and
you go back to ioquake3 - always make sure that the mouse pointer is over the
ioquake3 window itself when you retract the console and the program grabs the
mouse again.

--
Thilo Schulz