cl_packetdelay

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Tue May 30 14:31:23 EDT 2006

The 2.60 patch for Enemy Territory added the following cheat-protected cvars:

cl_packetdelay - artificially set the client's latency
cl_packetloss  - mimic packet loss

I'm dabbling with a re-implementation of Neil Toronto's unlagged in
code/server/ and I need to clone at least cl_packetdelay for testing.

Does anyone have any tips for doing this?  The only way I can think to do it
would be to create a queue for all outgoing packets marked with timestamp
and make all CL_Netchan_Transmit() calls use the queue.  Would there be an
easier and/or cleaner way?

-Tony