[quake3] Mac OS X

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sun May 21 07:13:51 EDT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 07:53, Dietrich Epp wrote:
> I'd like to try to clean up the Mac OS X code.

great!

> Are there other Mac OS X coders?  Might I step on someone's toes if I
> start submitting patches?

I don't think so. We had another one recently announcing he'd like to do some
work on MacOSX, but he's not experienced in C and debugging.

> Here's how I would clean up Mac OS X support:

Have a look at the bugtracker here:
https://bugzilla.icculus.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=Quake+3&content=
There are still some other problems to be reckoned with.

> - I would ditch SDL.  Honestly, it breaks user interface expectations
> on Mac OS X.

That's a no-no.
What are user interface expectations on Mac OS X?
At the moment, there are three different ways for accessing the graphics /
input stuff: Windows native, unix native and SDL.
So essentially, all three would have to be maintained.
It's planned to remove the windows specific stuff, too and have it go over
SDL.

--
Thilo Schulz