[quake3] Crash Error output

Bruno Kleinert fuddl at gmx.de
Wed May 17 16:49:14 EDT 2006

This one time, at band camp, Thilo Schulz wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 16:36, Tony J. White wrote:
> > Signal 10 is SIGBUS on OS X which I think usually means illegal memory
> > access. I have no idea what the difference is between this and a regular
> > signal 11 segfault.
> >
> > According to the Linux man page this is defined POSIX 1003.1-2001 and SUS,
> > but not POSIX.1.
>
> Ah, I didn't notice it occuring twice.
>
> --
> Thilo Schulz

hi there!

is gcc used on macs to compile ioquake3? on my ultra sparc i noticed,
that gcc4 causes particular programs to run into bus errors, which seem
to be caused by wrong memory alignment in gcc >= 4. compiling with gcc
<= 3.4 doesn't cause these bus errors!

sorry, if this information isn't helpful in any way, but the SIGBUS
problem sounded so familiar to me...

good luck! - fuddl

--
Among elephants it's not considered cool nor in any good taste
to drain other elephants