[quake3] Intel Mac Services

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Wed May 17 15:02:27 EDT 2006

On May 17, 2006, at 11:31, Scott Harper wrote:

> I suppose I should be ashamed to admit this, but... I've never used
> a debugger outside an IDE before... -.-;;  I'm a master at XCode
> debugging and NetBeans debugging.  I've even done a little in
> Eclipse.  But I've never flat-out used GDB from the terminal. (Mac
> OS X defauls to bash.)

I know my way a bit around gdb a bit. I shun IDEs for the most part
(expect for scripting languages like Python) for the reasons you hint
at: because  I lose "touch" with the code.

> Any hints?  There's SO much documentation and code to go through, I
> fear it could take at least a week or two until I know what I'm
> doing if I have to go about this the long way (ie: finding docs and
> tutorials online, AND looking through the code, etc...)
>
> I can be found on IM (AIM, MSN, Yahoo) under the name "Lareon" if
> someone wants to find me that way to help out.  Or, I can be on the
> IRC sometime; just let me know what time frame to be there (GMT
> works for me as a general stating point).
I'll help out in a bit--pressing contract work consumes the 'lions'd
share' of my time at the moment as well as community Python
contributions.

> I hope I don't come across as lazy in all this...  I have some
> other projects I'm working on, but feel that a good universal build
> of Q3 is noble enough to take some time away from them...  I just
> can't justify ALL my time away for it.

I hear ya. Maybe we can all make a whoel greater than the sum of the
parts. I'll be in touch when I have time to devote to this (I ma an
optimist so I dod not say 'if')

Daniel

enigma
that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
though it had
an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco