Intel Mac Services

Scott Harper orcein at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:01:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

My name is Scott.  I am a mid-level programmer, but most importantly
I have an Intel Mac I'm willing to use to help out where I can.  I'm
not familiar with any of the quake sources, but I at least know
enough to download the source, compile it, and run it all from the
Terminal.

I have looked at the bugzilla page :

https://bugzilla.icculus.org/buglist.cgi?
query_format=specific&order=relevance
+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=Quake+3&content=

And there doesn't appear to be anything I can really help out with on
there...  But I do get a nice clean (well, I guess not really) crash
when I run the PPC .app file just moments into the intro movie (on
both PPC and Intel hardware).  I made some changes to the Info.plist
file in the ioquake3.app bundle, and copied the executable to the
proper location so now it properly runs ioquake3.i386, but get the
same error.

If I run from the Terminal (bash), then I get a moderately longer,
stable running time, but can't play a level for more than a minute
without having it crash, and sometimes it crashes right out of the
program.

So, where would you like for me to start looking?

--Scott