[quake3] third win64 patch

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Sun Mar 26 08:41:37 EST 2006

James Lacey wrote:
> Actually, the key difference on this line is that vmMain returns a
> long instead of an intptr_t. sizeof(long) != sizeof(intptr_t) for
> Win64. Returning a 64-bit integer from this function on Win64 screws
> things up.

vmMain needs to return a pointer because of GAME_CLIENT_CONNECT in
code/game/g_main.c.

vmMain ends up as vm->entryPoint. It's return value is used as
intptr_t in VM_Call (vm.c, line 743). I really can't see what can go
wrong there. Especially since you only changed the ui, game and
cgame still use intptr_t.

The change affects the dll interface only, does that mean
interpreter works?

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development