OS X (new thread for sanity)

Zachary J. Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Thu Mar 23 01:27:12 EST 2006

Okay so I just got Quake 3 running on my ibook with the dmg Vincent was
so kind to make.

It works, there are some of the same problems that were there months
ago. Health biscuits sometimes are missing the spheres around them,
(this is new I think) the delete key doesn't work on the player name
entry menu item (ctrl+h works). This is also not really my favorite way
of doing this, a .app with no installer just isn't right for this project.

However, despite that, I am very thankful for Vincent putting this
together, I'm going to put it online in a minute for lack of anything
else, and it at least demonstrates what is wrong with the build so it
can hopefully be fixed before release.

Unfortunately neither Tim nor Ludwig (as far as I know) have macs
(running OS X), so we're at a bit of a lack for programmers who can try
fixing this without having to go through me for testing.

I'd also really like a universal binary, however that isn't really all
that important at this particular point. I'd like it, but it isn't
something that as far as I know has penetrated the user space. Nor do I
have one of those to test, either.

Also, all packagers please note that the project and all related files
should be (For instance) ioquake3.app or ioQuake3.app or some variant
there of. I don't want to screw with regular Quake 3 installations.

back to fixing up this dmg for release I go, thanks again Vincent!
--
- Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org
zacharyslater at gmail.com