[quake3] SMP functionality

Henry Garcia insidepoolhenry at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 14:11:02 EST 2006

Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel at suse.de> wrote: using ioquake3-smp.x86.

SMP support with the SDL version is only available on osx. You need
to compile without SDL to get a version that actually even tries to
use SMP.

> Using quake3-smp.x86 console says smp acceleration succeeded. And
> says it's using smp acceleration for textures later on in the
> message. Have the vm_game, vm_cgame, vm_ui all set to 1.

That will make it use the slow interpreter. Set the values to 2.

Thanks, for the info. I'll try compiling without SDL. What do the flags mean for the vm? I thought 0 was false, 1 was true. What does the 2 parameter set for the vm_XXX?

And what does the vm stand for?

Hank