[quake3] SMP functionality

Henry Garcia insidepoolhenry at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 16:54:26 EST 2006

ioquake3-smp.x86 does run. But console messages say enabling SMP acceleration failed. Using svn 643. Get a varying frame rate of 30 - 90 fps using ioquake3-smp.x86.

Using quake3-smp.x86 console says smp acceleration succeeded. And says it's using smp acceleration for textures later on in the message. Have the vm_game, vm_cgame, vm_ui all set to 1.

Get a varying frame rate of 30 - 90 fps using ioquake3-smp.x86. same as ioquake3.x86

I did replace the -march=i586 with -march=pentium3 in the Optimizations section of the x86 section. Figured it would help, since I have a Pentium III system?

But in general, it seems the ioquake3.x86 files run about 10% faster than the quake3.x86 files. Graphics look better, also. Didn't know if the SMP was broken in the new ioquake builds?

Thanks,

Hank
"Zachary J. Slater" <zakk at timedoctor.org> wrote: Henry Garcia wrote:
> Quake-3 smp works fine on a dual PIII-550 system using DRI with Debian
> Etch Xorg.6.9  - Mesa 6.4.1 . Getting excellent frame rate now over
> 100FPS on Radeon 8500
>
> But ioquake3-smp.x86 does not. It compiles fine. Anybody had any success?

Does not what?
Does not achieve a framerate that good?

--
- Zachary J. Slater