Rendering nothing

Neil Toronto ntoronto at cs.byu.edu
Thu Mar 9 05:14:24 EST 2006

Sorry if this has been talked about before - but as far as I can tell,
there's no mailing list archive to search. (If there is one, I'd love to
see it.)

System: Ubuntu Linux (Breezy), Intel garbage laptop card, Celery processor.

I've downloaded the latest source. It compiles and runs just fine, but
it has a teensy problem. It doesn't render anything - not even the
console. There are two ways I've found to get it to do so:

- Pressing K_ESCAPE or MOUSE2 when the UI game has full control (not
during the opening cinematic or in the in-game menu overlay). This pops
the menu off the stack and reinitializes it. I haven't got a clue why
this should work the *second* time but not the first.
debug build sometimes works. Again, clueless.

One thing it *does* do properly is this:

qglClearColor(1, 0, 0.5, 1);
qglClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);

when r_clear is 1. That's it, though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil